This last Saturday, we recorded the 200th episode of The Ivy Envy Podcast
With the arrival of spring out here at Skender Lake, we decided to let the land provide us with some food. I wouldn’t call anything deep-fried healthy “living off the land”, but it was a nice way to easy the kids (Tawny) into something like picking weeds and eating them.
We’ve harvested dandelions twice now and have made these delicious appetizers.
1. Pick dandelions. The ones that are most fully bloomed seem to turn out best.
2. Wash dandelions. We put them in a bowl of water, let them soak a while and then rinsed them off.
3. Beat 1 egg and dip dandelions in the egg, covering them completely.
4. Dip and cover with breading. We used Andy’s Fish Breading. You could also use cornflakes or really any type of breading.
5. Drop breaded dandelions in hot oil. I think you could use any type of frying oil. Fry them until they are browned and remove with tongs. We let ours sit on a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
If you have dandelions in your yard and want to put them to good use, give this a try. I’d just make sure they’re not from a part of the yard that dogs might use.
- 1 year ago
That’s right, I’m heading to Las Vegas to attend New Media Expo. I’m real excited about this, and it wouldn’t be possible without my supervisor at my job embracing my skills and interest in new media. We have started a podcast, blog and YouTube channel for our program and it’s been received even better than I imagined.
I’m super excited to attend this conference and meet some of the podcasters I listen to, as well as try to absorb as much information as I possibly can in three days. I’m also completely stoked to represent Mommy’s Cocktail Hour at the 8th Annual Podcast Awards Ceremony, which is being emceed by the legendary Leo Laporte.
I feel lucky to have several personal friends that podcast. However, I’m really looking forward to networking and discussing new media with other podcasters at this event.
If you’re a Mom (and even if you’re not), you should check out the podcast Mommy’s Cocktail Hour. Hear these ladies share some recipes, fabulous finds and some honest stories about parenting.
Mommy’s Cocktail Hour is available for free in iTunes and Stitcher, or you can listen directly from their website.
The Ivy Envy Podcast has switched platforms for our live broadcasts. Our broadcasts can now be viewed from our website, or from Relentless Podcast Network’s YouTube Channel.
One of our local papers, The Quad City Times, ran an article today about Ivy Envy and our podcast. Check it out.Source: